Sunday, September 8, 2013

Life Hack: Any Color Polish Gel Nails Using the Sensationail System

I truly love to do my nails. I enjoy having a fresh coat of polish- all shiny and pretty. Recently, I purchased the Sensationail Starter Kit from CVS on a sale with major ExtraBucks savings. The best purchase I've ever made. Honestly. Two weeks of chip-free, super lustrous, salon quality nails that I did myself and for pennies on the dollar. I purchased a few more colors since then, but my interest was piqued when I saw through social media that they now offered a Clear Gel Polish. Could I use this over a regular nail polish color and get the same results? Well Sensationail ladies, there was only one way to find out.


I purchased the Clear polish at CVS (again, with major ExtraBucks savings). I used Sally Hansen Hard as Nails polish in "Wet Cement". I love this color in all its smoky gray goodness. I prepped my nails the same way I would if I were using the system in the traditional way- filing and lightly buffing the nail. I used my usual base coat, and applied two coats of the Sally Hansen polish being careful to allow it to dry completely between coats and not to allow the polish to touch any skin around the nail/cuticles. 

 
Once fully dry, I applied the gel primer and base coat per Sensationail instructions. I cured my nails for the recommended 30 seconds after the bas coat application. I followed with two coats of the Clear Gel polish- curing for 1 minute between coats. I used the Sensationail system top coat, and cured for another 30 seconds. I used the lint wipes and solution to buff my nails once complete and I achieved these results. They look great! Just as if I had used the colored Sensationail products. 

I am going on Day 4 now with no chips. Still fabulous nails. I will update this post at the end of two weeks to compare the results, but so far it looks like a win! I didn't find this method endorsed by the brand, so this was all out of my own curiosity. I still plan to purchase more Sensationail color polishes, but some trendy colors- I just don't think are worth spending $9.99-$12.99 per bottle for. Hopefully this is beneficial to any others who use the Sensationail system. I'd love to hear any other tips/tricks or feedback concerning this method.

 

Happy Gel-ing!

Love,
Charnelle

P.S.- My views are unbiased. I am not compensated for anything in this post, nor for any other product!

No comments:

Post a Comment