Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Roasted Spaghetti Squash and Chicken Alfredo

Yes, ANOTHER Spaghetti Squash recipe.

I bought a Spaghetti Squash (SS) past weekend and didn't quite know what to do with it. I didn't want to do the average marinara atop the SS, nor did I want it to be flavorless. Hark! Pinterest saves the day!. I've seen a few pasta-type recipes floating around, but none of them really tickled my fancy. I
began by just searching for a simple Roasted Spaghetti Squash guide to see if there was *some* easier way to cut into the golden vegetable of delight.

Luckily, I found this great life hack on the From the Bosslady blog. It was so simple. I made a few tweaks for my personal taste and what I had on hand. What you'll need to roast the squash:

  • One SS
  • a good, sharp knife (dear Lord don't even try this with a butter knife)
  • a cookie sheet (I used a roasting pan)
  • enough foil to cover your pan
  • an ice cream scoop
  • 4 Tbsp. EVOO (I used Coconut Oil)
  • 2 Tbsp. Seasoning blend of your choice (I used Garlic Pepper, Sea Salt & an Italian Blend)
Follow the Bosslady's steps to roast the SS. Take note of my swaps above. Once your SS has been shredded, set aside. What you'll need for the rest of the recipe:


Rinse chicken in a bowl with vinegar. Rotate vigorously for about 30 sec. to clean the chicken. Follow with a cool water rinse and rotate vigorously. Pat dry. Season the chicken with your choice of seasoning and place into the heated pan. Cook chicken (tenderloins) thoroughly for about 10-12 minutes, being sure to flip them halfway through. Remove chicken from heat and place them on a meat-use cutting board. Cut/shred the chicken into pieces.

Place shredded SS into a casserole dish (or any oven safe dish you have) and add chicken. Fold in Alfredo sauce- don't stir too vigorously. Sprinkle half of the Asiago cheese and fold into the mixture. Sprinkle remaining cheese atop the dish. Place in a 350-375 degree oven for 10-15 minutes to experience flavor overload. Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Yum! This sounds good! Gonna have to try this one.
    ~Bosslady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by to check out what I did with your recipe starter! -Charnelle

      Delete